Smoking in Bed Blamed for Apartment Fire

The Reno Fire Department says smoking in bed led to a fire at a small apartment complex on Keystone Avenue. The fire was reported on the 100 block of Keystone Avenue just before 5 a.m. Friday. The fire was inside one apartment, from which two people were displaced and are being helped by the Red Cross. Surrounding units were evacuated as a precaution, but were not damaged. No one was hurt.

Blogs

Appropriate Some Culture

By J.T. Parker Apparently the way to stomp out the world’s racism is to verbally abuse a teenage girl the day after her prom. At least, that’s what (literally) thousands of keyboard warriors attempted as they expressed their frustrations toward Keziah Daum, a non-Asian high school student in Utah, who decided to wear a traditional…

Smile and Nod

By J.T. Parker The air was biting as the marchers covered their ears with their pink knitted beanies, waving signs that may as well have read “I hate you straight, white man.” I kept my mouth shut as I tried to blend in, hoping the cold (and not my frustration) would be perceived as the…