Actress Anna Faris Thanks The North Tahoe Fire Department

Actress Anna Faris, star of the CBS TV series “Mom,” took to Twitter to thank the men and women of the North Tahoe Fire Department for saving her and her family’s life when they were overcome by carbon monoxide in their vacation rental over the Thanksgiving holiday. The home did not have carbon monoxide monitors. North Lake Tahoe Fire Chief Michael Schwartz talks about what occurred in the rental home last Thursday.

Schwartz recommends a portable C0 detector, if you travel frequently. To avoid another situation like this in the future, the North Tahoe Fire Department plans to survey every rental in the area in the coming year to ensure that each one has a working carbon monoxide monitor and smoke detector.

Blogs