Explosions at UNR Were Caused by a Gas Leak

The State Fire Marshall confirms, the explosion that rocked a residence hall at the University of Nevada was caused by a gas leak near a boiler. Gas spread through the building causing a second blast. Two firefighters and six students were injured in last weeks explosions, all have been released after treatment at a hospital. The buildings, while badlydamaged, are “structurally sound,” and not at risk of further damage, according to UNR Police Chief Todd Renwick….

The University is now shrinking the size the isolated zone on campus, and they’re developing plans to get students property out of the damaged buildings.

Blogs