Washoe County and the City of Reno are preparing for another atmospheric river.
To prepare for possible flooding, they have set up a number of locations for residents to pick up sandbags.
The City of Reno is also setting up sandbag locations for residents. Those are as follows:
- City of Reno Corporation Yard at 1640 East Commercial Row
- Mira Loma Park at 3000 S. McCarran Blvd.
- Moya Boulevard near the intersection of Red Baron Blvd.
- Reno Fire Station #5(Mayberry Fire Station) at 1500 Mayberry Drive
- Horseman’s Park at 2800 Pioneer Drive
- Idlewild Park at 2055 Idlewild Drive
In Washoe County:
- Lemmon Valley, Lemmon Drive and Pompe Way
- Lemmon Valley, TMFR Station 440, 130 Nectar Street
- Silver Knolls Volunteer Fire Station, 11525 Red Rock Road
- Golden Valley Park (Hillview entrance), 7940 Hillview Drive
- Washoe County Operations Yard, 3101 Longley Lane
- Highland Ranch Parkway 1 mile west of Pyramid Highway
- Belli Ranch, Blue Heron Circle and Warrior Lane
- Toll Road and Geiger Grade
- Pleasant Valley, Andrew Lane and Paddlewheel Lane
- Pleasant Valley, Pagni Lane and 395
- East Washoe Valley, TMFR Station 32, 1240 Eastlake Blvd.
- East Washoe Valley, Eastlake Blvd and Gander Lane
- West Washoe Valley, TMFR Station 30,3905 Old Hwy 395
In Douglas County
- Jacks Valley Station 153450 Jacks Valley Rd, Carson City
- Sheridan Fire Station 980 Sheridan Ln., Gardnerville
- Johnson Lane Fire Station 1450 Stephanie Ln., Minden
- Fish Springs Fire Station 2249 Fish Springs Rd., Gardnerville
- Ruhenstroth Fire Station 2008 Pinto Cir., Gardnerville
- Support Services Center (East Fork Fire) 940 Mitch Dr. (Across from Station 7), Gardnerville
- Holbrook Highlands at the Family Support Council Building 3324 Highland Way, Gardnerville
In Carson City
The city has made the Corporate Yard at 3505 Butti Way, just north of the main Public Works building, available for residents to pick up sandbags. Bags and sand are supplied, but residents will need to bring shovels.