Woman Says Dog Died From Algae Poisoning After Swimming at Lake Tahoe Beaches

(Zephyr Cove, NV) — The water in Lake Tahoe is being tested for poisonous algae after a woman claimed her dog died after swimming in the water. In a viral TikTok video, the woman says, last weekend, her dog died just three hours after swimming at Nevada Beach and El Dorado Beach. An algal bloom has not been confirmed as the cause of the dog’s death. The Nevada Division of Environmental Protection collected water samples at Nevada Beach on Monday. Preliminary test results are expected back later today. The city of South Lake Tahoe has posted advisory signs at El Dorado Beach, where water samples were also collected on Monday for testing.